Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Coincidence or what?

This must have happened about nine years ago. It was month of November. We were living in Iowa and my aunt and uncle were visiting us from california during Thanksgiving holidays.  We had arranged " Satyanarayan Puja" on that weekend . Local Guruji (Indian  priest) was in our home earlier that week explaining to me all the things/ingredients that we needed for Puja. This "Guruji" was also an engineer working in the same company as my husband‘s. He was  known for his kindness and generous personality. We knew him and his wife for quite some time now. When he visited me earlier that week, possibly on Monday,  we talked about lot of things. He especially looked eager and at the same time nervous about his upcoming retirement and was wondering about what he wants to do later in his life.
On Tuesday night, I went to bed as usual. Somewhere around 1AM I got up. I was hearing this shhh...shhh noise coming from outside. First I thought I must be hearing a train passing by. But the voice didn't go away. It kept coming. I felt I do need to open the door to check it out but debated for a while.   Now if you know me, I don't have much of a brave personality. Generally I would wake my husband up if something like this happens. However, this time I was not feeling agitated or worried. I was feeling surprisingly calm. I dont know why but I finally went to our front door and opened it. I  saw this thick fog all over the place. It was hard to see anything clearly. Feeling perplexed about not finding the source of the noise, I went back to bed. To my surprise, the noise had stopped. I thought that's interesting. 
Next morning I asked everyone at home if they heard anything last night? Everyone denied. I told my husband all about the noise ,my bravery of opening the door in the middle of the night, the fog and how the noise stopped once I came back to bed. He told me very sternly, don't try to open the door like that in the middle of the night by myself for simple safety reasons. I agreed. 
My husband went to work later that day. After an hour or so he called back. He told me a very sad news . Our family friend , who also was going to do "Puja" at our home that weekend passed away last night around 1 AM  due to some  heart issue. My heart sank hearing this news. What a great loss to Guruji's family and to all of us- whole Indian community. 
However, one thing kept bothering me. It was this exact timing of the two incidences. I thought to myself- is it just coincidence or did "Guruji" really came to give his blessings to us as he would have on weekend for real.  
As a science student with no observational data available for "soul" existence it would be hard to believe in something like that. At the same time we don't know if there is something beyond science that exist. Well all I can say for now is RIP "Guruji".   - Praj101

No comments:

Post a Comment

It was not that bad

Bye  Let’s start what happens next ?  We will meet for sure ЁЯСН here or in afterlife and I am not going anywhere and so are you.  Yet time is...