Monday, June 22, 2020

Thanks but no Thanks!

You girls left me standing
So alone and I wondered Why
Was I not worth your friendship
So you left me empty to cry

Neither was I  some popular kid
Nor was I super smart or funny
All I was- was a little shy girl
Waiting for a true friend to hold my hand

It's me that naive whom you bullied 
Vulnerable surrounded by onlookers laughing
Turned into a mature woman now
Still soft inside- compassionate and smiling

Now as those scary days are over  
Can I ask you by gathering some calm
Were you the ones not secured inside
or never had your parent's attention or warmth

My heart forgives you as I understand
Its you who needed help not me my friends
Will hold your hand - won't hold your gaze
Yet Thanks but no Thanks for those gloomy days

praj101









1 comment:

It was not that bad

Bye  Let’s start what happens next ?  We will meet for sure 👍 here or in afterlife and I am not going anywhere and so are you.  Yet time is...