Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Discomfort and Anew

I was fortunate enough to hear my sound therapy recording after a session. It definitely received much of my own criticism. I love and know that in-person sound therapy session is a total bliss for me. I get to enjoy each and every vibration and literally bathe in notes and overtones. Somehow I expected something similar ( though not the exact extent) on online session. However, when I heard it, my jaw dropped. I could myself point out so many of my own technical mistakes. This online session recording was an eye opener.  My friends were loving and kind and for them the experience was much better. As one of my friends said, we are indeed our worst critics.  However, I am aware of my Type A personality and my not so great habit to strive for  perfection. Funny, how I tell and try to incorporate letting Go and unconditionally loving in my sessions but when actual life situation arise its not easy. 
However, one major shift that I noted in this self-analysis is that with my recent optimistic positive attitude ( I dare say) , I found humor in the whole thing. I remembered my Mom kind of hinting me in a same way. I feel my enthusiasm has increased to make this online sound therapy experiment not only palpable but also enjoyable. I treat sound therapy as an art and being in creative process itself is where I find joy. I think personally its the awareness and realization of my mistakes during session and ability to take action to improve and achieve desired outcome matches my wood element personality.  I think this process of  learning is what gives me joy. This is the "dissonance" in life that is so essential. A discomfort feeling- a feeling of something that is not right. Through this discomfort and challenges, I learn. I feel these discomforts are designed as a growth tool and I embrace these discomforts in there totality.
praj101

No comments:

Post a Comment

It was not that bad

Bye  Let’s start what happens next ?  We will meet for sure ЁЯСН here or in afterlife and I am not going anywhere and so are you.  Yet time is...