Friday, September 21, 2018

Seeing as it is

I came back from work and encountered an experience today. I was doing some work in garage with my husband and a wooden board fell on my foot. “ This always happens with me” I thought with anger. “What an aweful  timing. We have party tomorrow and this foot is going to hurt. Life is not fair “ . I walked away from what I was doing with agonizing physical and mental pain leaving my husband by himself in the middle of task. As things settle in , I got time to reflect. In the whole thinking process only one thing was correct. Life is not fair. We don’t know what will happen next hour, day or next year in life. Of course, if one is in good financial situation with good education , probability of leading  good material and hopefully mental life exponentially increases. But still life is not fair. However, ones response to any conflicts caused by any outer or inner situations is in their own hands. To do that , however, assessing situation correctly is vital. Let’s just go over my response to situation here. First of all this does not always happen to me. I don’t even work in garage that often and most of the time I just breeze through activity. Now let’s asses my pain. Yes , the physical pain was  may be 5/10 on pain scale ( intensity of 0 means no pain and 10 being labor pains) that quickly went down to 2/ 10 and I am totally walking around apart from some soreness.  The third thing that I was worried about was party for tomorrow. First of all, we are resourceful enough that food and cleaning of house has already taken care of. Besides , if I have told anyone that my foot is sore , everyone would have helped me out for sure. One way or another in this situation I would be fine. If I would have really hurt myself , doctors office is just around corner. Lessons learned- Work mindfully to begin with making sure I or someone else doesn’t get hurt by following safety protocols. Just in case if I get injured, physical pain is inevitable and needs it’s own assessment and care. The third and the only thing that is in my hand is my mental  state. It’s not that I will not get angry , sad etc but understanding my emotional state and responding carefully will be better that just reacting and making things worse. That will only happen if I see things correctly just as they are without involving  emotions and judgement.  With correct view comes correct response.   I know it will take time and lot of practice on my part. Its training my monkey mind not to react but respond....  Mind, are you ready? Haha .. mind is saying I am born ready .:)- praj101

No comments:

Post a Comment

It was not that bad

Bye  Let’s start what happens next ?  We will meet for sure ЁЯСН here or in afterlife and I am not going anywhere and so are you.  Yet time is...