Monday, October 15, 2018

Return Gifts - question mark

A gift in return for giving gift. A gift for coming to party. A gift of gratitude. A “ return gift”.  WOW! Whoever came up with this  idea is a real genius from toy marketing company. I love my kids. I want them to be happy. But giving and getting gifts to measure happiness is a hard sale.  I am not against Birthday Parties. But to celebrate this special day involves spending  reasonable sum of money. On top of that I have to get return gifts. Otherwise, I will be robbing kids from their true happiness which is getting gifts..really . I bet our kids are going to be so materialistic if we keep gifting and regifting them for no valid reasons.  We want smiles on kids faces but unfortunately we are putting price tag on them. Now you will say " if you don't like return gifts then you don't have to get them". Great idea if I can just convince my kids that. Good luck to me on that.  But here is a deal. I don't want any return gifts from your kid's Birthday day ether. No thanks! Those wiggly ,wobbly sticky things, those crayons( we have 1000's of them already), stickers, pencil, puzzles and all those small  nick-nacks drive me crazy. These chemical emmiting, environmentally unfriendly and  practically useless things are increasing clutter in my house for no good reason. Kids literally play with them for no more than ten minutes. Kids already have so many toys that I have to keep giving away stuff to places like "Goodwill " or just throw things in trash. There are birthday parties every weekend and things pile up easily. All these things need some organizing  which takes lot of thinking. It takes time. My precious “time”. Also, Just check out the ingredients from which these cheap things are made up of. Cancer causing harsh chemicals is what they are. I don’t want that as a token of love. No Thanks.   Now you will say "return gifts" are something that kids show their gratitude with. I agree with you . But how much thinking is involve in this gratitude practice. I think these store bought return gifts is easy way out to show gratitude. I am guilty of continuing same thing that I totally disagree with.. hypocrites me. Here are I think some better ways.  How about a greeting card , a small "Thank You" note or a friendly hug. How about small plant or a cookie baked by Birthday kid as a return gift . My favorite would be a toy exchange party . How about donating small amount of money to library instead. Or how about doing nothing and just enjoying party. So many great options if explored. I am sure most of you won’t agree with me and say you are just crazy joy killing parent. Maybe I am. I don’t care. I am going to stand with my stand and brainwash my kids . I don’t know if I will be successful or not in convincing them. Only next birthday party will tell. - praj101

No comments:

Post a Comment

It was not that bad

Bye  Let’s start what happens next ?  We will meet for sure 👍 here or in afterlife and I am not going anywhere and so are you.  Yet time is...