Sunday, September 23, 2018

Ganapati Bappa Morya

By nature I am secular skeptic. I Love science and has tendency to question everything that cannot be proven. But all that goes in thin air when it comes to “Ganapati”. Today  is Ganapati Visarjan and my beloved deity lord Ganesh’s festival is over till next year leaving me heavy hearted. The good part is Ganapati Bappa will come back home next year, for 10 days and every year thereafter.  In Hindu religion/ mythology God Ganapati represents someone who gives us wisdom, knowledge and prosperity . I remember my workbook in school used to have “ Shri” on every book’s first page ( Shri is another name of Ganapati) as if we were taking his blessings of knowledge and wisdom. This part of Indian culture I really admire. All our deities come with some deeper understanding about life and almost humanizes them  representing a good part in all of us. But apart from all this deep meaning, my love for Ganapati Bappa comes from his beautiful elephant like face, his big belly due to eating too many delicious “ modaks” and his cool nature or so I believe. He feels like auspicious  God and at the same time cool buddy who is so smart and sweet. As per Indian mythology, Ganapati’s big belly represents his ability to eat our sins and I have never imagined  him as an angry God like his dad “ God Shankar” who you better not mess with. Ganapati Bappa is loving and kind and will help us in our difficulties. At the same time he feels like some  dude who would love any scientific progress in the betterment of mankind. If there is a scientist decoding  human genome I am sure it will make Ganapati Bappa  happy. And how can I forget “mouse” - Bappa’s vehicle as well as cute little companion . The whole package of Ganapati riding on mouse, eating yummy Modaks , helping us in tough times and kind of  forgiving us for our mistakes is so adorable that Ganapati Bappa becomes my most favorite deity in a heartbeat . This joyous , happy and super cool God will be always major part of me till the end and beyond. Ganapati Bappa Morya!  - praj101

No comments:

Post a Comment

It was not that bad

Bye  Let’s start what happens next ?  We will meet for sure ЁЯСН here or in afterlife and I am not going anywhere and so are you.  Yet time is...