Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Just want to say Sorry

Year 2050
Dear son,
I want to say sorry. Not just to you but to your whole generation. I was aware and exactly knew down in my heart what I should have done but it was too inconvenient.  It always felt that this issue is important but won't affect me.  I am doing OK financially. My house is not at coast. Someone will find out some solution.. Never thought it will come down to this. And now you suffer. Your kids suffer. The temperature outside is 110 degrees Fahrenheit in mid June. Ten years of drought in California. Florida cost is half under water. Yearly snow storms in mid-west. And hurricanes are just part of life. And all these diseases. Never heard of them. All the other countries are suffering just as bad. It feels like I did nothing when I had a chance. Things got worst too fast for anyone to handle. I know you love your mom. You would say what possibly you could have done. But my conscience will never let me stay still. I am as guilty as anyone else  in this "climate change" disaster. I know there are lot of reasons behind climate change but one area of my daily life is vivid. There was one place where change was easily possible. I remember going to parties and  showing off my new clothes and jewelry. New party -new clothes. And so much stuff in our house. I remember if we needed something that we couldn't find at home, I will just take out car and go buy new one. Ironically, it is easy to loose stuff in all this extra stuff. Big house- bigger house.  Fast car-faster car. It was culture and I was part of it. Total rat race. Never thought about environmental cost for all these things. Apparently all of my stuff  would have cost thousands of  trees. What a shame.. Unfortunately I taught you the same thing.  Study more- earn more - get more stuff. Should have taught you to study more- earn more- but live simply. Should have taught you to be aware of  environmental cost. Too late now.
love
Your mom
Praj101


No comments:

Post a Comment

It was not that bad

Bye  Let’s start what happens next ?  We will meet for sure ЁЯСН here or in afterlife and I am not going anywhere and so are you.  Yet time is...