Thursday, October 11, 2018

What's up with this Rabbit and Turtle story?

I bet you all remember the story of Rabbit and Turtle. Here is recap- There are two friends, Rabbit and Turtle. They decided to race to the top of the mountain. Rabbit , being naturally faster, was way ahead of turtle before he decided to nap and as he was napping happily underneath the tree, turtle wins the race. Moral of the story: Slow and Steady wins the race... plain and simple, right? .... no..totally awkward. Whoever came up with that moral can really think outside the box.
I really have problem with this story and since I have extra time in hand I am going to dig deep..  For me the moral of the story should have been   "Don't nap while racing". First of all the story goes wrong from the beginning. This is not a fair race. Rabbit's speed of running is 40 mph and turtle's speed of running, even by stretch, is 5 mph. Imagine me and Michael Jordan playing basketball. Will that be fair? It would be "cool" but not fair until Mr. Jordan decides to nap in the middle of the game.
  Now think about poor turtle. Turtle kept walking and walking ... non-stop. No fun for him. And to achieve what? A fleeting happiness of winning after all that hardwork. Besides, if rabbit wouldn't have slept, turtle wouldn't have win.  I admire turtle's grit but still feels that the race was not justified. Don't forget that turtle has to get down from that mountain too. 
OK , here is real life example. I am super bad in physics. Somehow, with peer pressure or what not, I decided to be an engineer. I got up early everyday and put my 100% efforts in it. Finally, I became an engineer just to find out it sucks to be one. But can't go back now.. who will pay student loans. 
Turtle should rather focus on his strength.. such as maybe eating worms.. I don't know.. whatever it is. And for Rabbit - There is nothing more fulfilling than sleeping underneath the tree after nice long run. You enjoy your life dude. -praj101

No comments:

Post a Comment

It was not that bad

Bye  Let’s start what happens next ?  We will meet for sure ЁЯСН here or in afterlife and I am not going anywhere and so are you.  Yet time is...