Tuesday, November 20, 2018

My own little spa hour

I want to create my own little "spa hour" at home. Simple.. Affordable... Relaxing. After days of hard work I think I can make this time for myself at least once a week.. maybe just an hour on weekend right before going to bed when things are quiet and kids are sleeping . But it has to be deliberate. Otherwise my past tells me it will not happen. I need to block time on my calendar with an alert reminding me that this is my priority.
I have gone to "Spa" once or twice before in my life and really enjoyed the experience. It will be awesome to create that paradise right at home. 
Our bathroom would be ideal spa location. A nice -clutter free -clean bathroom with a lit scented candle or essential oil mist will generate the perfect mood. I can select soothing spa music on you tube or just enjoy the silence of the night. Fresh soft  towel on the floor will be best for unwinding. I need to make sure though to put little heater on the corner to make room warmer. Warmth is luxury for me. I think I will start with well deserved massage.  I love to use essential oil blend for it.  I can add whichever fragrance I want in the almond oil to create the feel- lavender for relaxation, rose for romance, Chamomile for calmness and my favorite frankincense for inner peace . I can go very deep or stay gentle massaging my body from scalp to toes. Kneading, stroking or rhythmic tapping... whatever I crave with my very own desired intensity. After a nice massage I will take steam for my face and shoulders. This will deepen the massage effect by letting the oil penetrate further in my skin. Now I will wrap my body in towel just like they show on TV till oil does its work. Meanwhile, I will like to use my homemade face-pack to brighten my face. A mix of avacado, honey and yogurt facepack for moisturizing glow or cocco powder, oats and honey with cream for antioxidant boost. Couple of cucumber slices on top of my eyes will do the rest of the trick. hmm... this will be perfect time to just relax on the floor for few minutes.  A nice warm-water shower  bath will be awaiting to enjoy my presence now. I will need a nice rub by Pumice stone to get rid of that flaky skin on my feet and a circular motion around my scalp to get rid of any tension residue. Just feeling the water running on my body and immersing into well earned calmness will lighten my soul. I would want to be super gentle to dry my damp skin with tender pats. I will squeeze water out from each of my hair strand slowly dabbing it from roots to end. Its winter now so using a touch of oil to moisturize my skin will just do the trick leaving my skin baby soft. What a delightful exeperince this will be.  I will be tip-toeing out of the bathroom as a new revived person-a beautiful princess of my own fairy tale....ooohhh -lala. - praj101

No comments:

Post a Comment

It was not that bad

Bye  Let’s start what happens next ?  We will meet for sure ЁЯСН here or in afterlife and I am not going anywhere and so are you.  Yet time is...