Friday, May 3, 2019

Who is perfect here? Nope, it’s not me

Who is perfect here? Nope, it’s not me
Do you have any of those grown on your family tree?

Perfect “this” , perfect “that”, yes that perfect life
An ideal set so high- on an unachievable height
I tried that thing called “perfect impeccable me”
Yet, It’s so hard that perfect thing to be

Slip-ups were not OK in my ideal set-up
A judging noise was saying that I am all messed up
Me trying my best to not make a single mistake
But things just happen you see- as I am not perfect

Flawless big smiles with a faultless fluent speech
A splash of grin on my face to hide my grinding teeth
Me tried my best to avoid  any “emotional error”
Bottled up my grudges with rising inside terror

Conflicts were avoided with graceful handshakes
I built walls of niceness just to feel inside safe
Does that how though the whole thing really works?
Do I increase distance from others if I hide my true self?

I tried that trait of  being superwoman
Didn’t even last for an entire midlife season
Tried to trade my little and yes big imperfections
They came back marching with fiercely honest vengeance

Well let me tell you this- it’s hard to be flawless
I aspire for better but do I really need to change myself ?
Mistakes are OK I guess- I mature and grow further
And I will make some more of those as I am a lifelong learner

A free bird  soaring in the sky -that’s not me - I do slip
I fly little further with occasional bumpy downward dip
Learning - rising - falling - loosing  - well, that’s all me
Who is perfect here? - Nope- it’s  not me

Praj101



















No comments:

Post a Comment

It was not that bad

Bye  Let’s start what happens next ?  We will meet for sure 👍 here or in afterlife and I am not going anywhere and so are you.  Yet time is...