Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Neighbor’s boy

In 1989 Summer break
Away from cities hubbub
I visited my aunt
In green lush Kokan land

Her home was a cozy nest
With greens all around us
And a sweet little bungalow next door
With a little boy sitting on the porch

Boy looked pale yet so light
With a look of surprise on his face
When I wave him to say  “hello”
He was not sure if he should do the same

A few days passed and saw him again
Sitting on steps waiting for someone
I said as a friend what he is up to
And he said he wish  his mother would come home

I feel a tinge of sorrow in his eyes
And a cold wind gush on my face
I went to my aunt and told her what happened
And she stood up with a very blank face

She told me her neighbors met a tragedy
Last year they lost someone dear
They moved somewhere else to hide from their sorrow
What a terrible thing for someone to bear

I said with sadness he must have lost his mom
But Aunt said -no you got it all wrong
The boy that you met and said hi my dear
It’s that boy who is no more - he is long gone

Praj101





3 comments:

It was not that bad

Bye  Let’s start what happens next ?  We will meet for sure 👍 here or in afterlife and I am not going anywhere and so are you.  Yet time is...