Friday, September 17, 2021

Does God’s Fury exist?

I remember one story I read on “ Shravani Somvar” or some religious booklet  years back when my MIL said that’s the custom. This religious story was about a woman who had to say repeatedly “ I am not favorite of my in-laws so God please make me favorite”.  Even while saying such self deprecating thing again and again on name of God I was cringing and yet continued because it was I thought religious matter and I better not break any rituals in fear of God’s fury.. or so I was being told. That was then when immature, submissive and fearful part of me did whatever is needed in the name of avoiding “ God’s fury”. I personally feel such are actually psychological manipulations created and perpetuated for benefit of some and sacrifice of others.

There are so many such believes and customs that I don’t agree with. Lot of times woman and for that matter man as well but especially woman gets an advice to “be nice”, to do things for others even if she has to give up her own mental clarity and calm. Being responsible is one thing and participating in other people’s dysfunctional beliefs is other. There is this innate need to pretend “a perfect family”. Some ideal vision that is far from reality. And then with that comes a judgement. A person being so strict/ perfectionist on self expects the same from others. Or even worse, a person with so much imperfection expecting perfections from others.  Society is complicated with so many elements working together that complete harmony is almost impossible. People including me forget that we have polarities within us and all emotions are valid. There is nothing wrong to make mistakes , to get angry, sad etc. I feel what we do with that emotion is more important. If we have to stand up for injustice ( that we perceive) we sometimes have to raise voice. We have to take fury or discomfort of others in return for what we stand. It’s one thing to wish compassion, happiness and unconditional love for everyone and is entirely another thing to have “moral agendas” on the name of achieving these. I feel that it is upon us to pick and choose what is right for us. After all, We have the “ free-will”.

Sometimes injustice walks on in a very subtle way. There are people in the world who drain our energy knowingly. They thrive on manipulation and confusion. Tomorrow if one such person is someone that in societies eyes One of us should respect and obey even if this person is causing much harm to our mental peace then obeying such person out of fear or submissiveness is actually going away from divinity. Standing up for what we feel is right and being rebellious at times if needed is the need of a soul. It’s a learning of a soul. Once we start weeding out things and for that matter people that are not right for us we are making more room for things and people that are right for us. It’s not that we are questioning and judging others , it’s more that we are taking out fear or any such disharmonious energy from within us. This is what a polarity of destruction is (what God Shankar represents in my opinion ). To create harmony we have to deal with disharmony. To create peace, we have to embrace anger. To create love , we have to recognize things that do not represent love and introspect on what needs to be done. 

God, in my own perception Of course, doesn’t want us to just recite religious mantras and use religion as escapism. Honestly, I feel God loves us just the way we are without any judgement whatsoever. But the whole point of physical incarnation is to take action. With action we create Karma.. And even with inaction we create Karma ..

God’s fury in my humble opinion doesn’t exist. There is no right or wrong way. There is just a way . We have to choose which one to take and yes there will be consequences.  We will eventually learn from our experiences and may go towards more Just society.  But that will happen without any judgement or fury from God!

Praj101

No comments:

Post a Comment

It was not that bad

Bye  Let’s start what happens next ?  We will meet for sure 👍 here or in afterlife and I am not going anywhere and so are you.  Yet time is...